Thursday, January 28, 2010

Looking Good Running


The ankle feels a little bit better today, so I don't think this injury is going to last very long. Thank goodness, goddess, whatever! In fact, by the end of the day I was walking normally. Well, normally for me. On a side note, people who have distinctive walks, do you think they practice that? I've always kind of wondered. It reminds me of a Richard Pryor joke. He said that he couldn't fight so he developed a cool run. The joke goes something like this: " Oh, there's Richard running away from that guy who wants to give him a beating...but he looks cool".
Running fast can come in handy like that. I remember, my sophomore year in high school, my friend Danny told one of the biggest kids in our school (as a practical joke) that I was flirting with his girl friend. So, this huge kid finds me, and then begins to tell me that he's going to kick my ass all over the place. In my mind I'm thinking: "Can I take him in a fight? Probably not. But, can he catch me if I run? Definitely not!" Pride aside, I saved myself from some pain that day!!
There are cool runners. Very fast cool runners, in fact. Usain Bolt, can't be any cooler, could he, Fellow mountain racer Jim Johnson, I think, has a cool run. So does Tim Van Orden. Me, I don't know. I don't think I have any videos of me, running. Which is probably a good thing.
Anyway, if I can get a run in after this weekend, I'll be a very happy boy!

No comments: