Wednesday, April 29, 2009

A Conversation

Here's a conversation I just had on facebook. I think it's amazing that, Lisa, a mom with no vegetarian back-ground, wants to support her 15 year old daughter to become a vegetarian. Incredible, right? Of course Lisa has questions, everything she has learned tells her that her daughter will not get enough protein or nutrients, but she is open-minded enough to want to support her daughter. I think she's a wonderful Mom!!
6:10pmLisa
michael, i have a question for you
6:10pmMichael
yeah?
6:11pmLisa
chelsea is 15 and wants to be a vegetarian
do you think she's too young
6:11pmMichael
fantastic!!
no of course not.
we are born vegetarians
6:12pmLisa
she showed me and victor a you tube on why to become a one...it was quite interesting
6:13pmMichael
I'll ask you a question: When you see a dead dear on the side of the road, do you think about getting out of the car to open it's belly with your mouth? Or, rather if you saw an apple truck, would you think about eating an apple?
6:16pmLisa
yea, i hear you....definitely the apple.
when she showed us the video, it was heartbreaking seeing the animals
6:17pmMichael
of course! We cook meat to make it palatable. If we didn't, we wouldn't eat it.
6:18pmLisa
I know, you make perfect sense. I just hope if Chelsea decides to do this she sticks with it...
6:22pmMichael
she'll need help from you, because she'll be pressured by everybody who thinks they know better. You'll have to help her by giving her a balanced diet. You can be a junk food vegetarian as much as you can be a junk food carnivore.
6:23pmLisa
she's behind me and said she might request you for a friend...i told her she could learn a lot from you...and of course i would
6:23pmMichael
i would be honored
6:24pmLisa
help her with anything she decided to do, that's what us moms do
6:24pmMichael
you're a great mom!
6:24pmLisa
i try
6:26pmMichael
I have started a meet up group for Raw Vegans. We're going to have our first get together on Mother's day. It would be great if you and our daughter came. Or the whole family for that matter.
6:27pmLisa
I can't on Mother's day, Victor is having a party at the Portuguese club and I'm staying home with Nicole...she's bed bound...but let us know the next time
6:29pmMichael
I will. If you would like, google Berkshires Raw Meet Up and join the group.
6:30pmLisa
ok thanks i will. but she wants to know what a raw vegan is.
6:31pmMichael
A raw vegan is a person who eats only uncooked vegetables, fruits, nuts and seeds.
6:32pmLisa
oh OK. ill let her know. thanks
6:34pmMichael
I know it sounds incredible, but I believe that's the way we're supposed to eat. I work 8-10 hours a day, then I train 1-3 hours after that every day, and I feel fantastic!
6:35pmLisa
wow...and you have great energy..
6:35pmMichael
exactly!!
6:36pmLisa
michael, it's always a pleasure talking to you, but i have to get going...thanks for the information..talk to you soon.
6:36pmMichael
talk to you soon... bye
6:36pmLisa
k.bye

No comments: