Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I want to apologize for how boring my blog looks. My 11 year old daughter was making fun it the other day. I know it's not the most beautiful, but the truth is, I don't really know how to make it much better. She offered to help, but I'm afraid with her help, I'll have pictures of horses and penguins all over the place.
I was thinking the other day, actually most days, of how blessed I am. And, one of the ways I am truly blessed is being a part of the vegan raw community. Nothing in my life besides my family has brought me so much joy. And, although I don't personally know many of you out there, I feel a great connection to all of you. I also believe, most raw vegans are incredibly compassionate, spiritual people, filled with loving kindness.
I just wanted to say, thank you, for all the nutrition information, the inspiring stories, the great recipes, your love for the environment, and your love for all humanity and the non-human animals in the world. You are all beautiful people.
And, if my blog is about us, then it must be beautiful too.
Sort of.

6 comments:

EARTH MOTHER said...

LOL! Leave it to an 11-year-old computer whiz to offer to help Dad with his blog. I love it! (and, I'm rather fond of horses and penguins)

To answer your question...nope, not in food service any longer. I remember, while still working at Omega, someone was coming in to teach a living foods class for the weekend and I had to order a bunch of extra produce that week for their use. When I heard that everything was eaten "raw" because they did not believe in heating food above 118 degrees, I just rolled my eyes and thought, "How crazy is that."

What a difference a few years make, huh? Now, I'm one of those "crazy" raw vegans! :D

Vibrantly Raw said...

I couldn't agree with you more about the community that Raw foods has! I found it to be a very loving and compassionate place to just be me in! The # one thing in my life is "God" and RAw foods helps support that and without "God" I wouldn't be able to raise my 4 kids by myself in peace and Love. It all comes together when you listen to the inner voice. Mine told me Raw Foods is the way for me. Thank you from me as well to everyone in the community that shares who they are and their individual gifts!

Great Post!

Love Always

michael menard said...

earthmother, I remember the first day I tried to eat raw four years ago, I didn't make it to lunch! Now it's been 2 years, and I can't imagine eating another way.
Sweetie, thank you for the kind remarks. 4 kids by yourself!! You are an amazing human being. Yes, I agree with you, it takes lots of prayer.

Vibrantly Raw said...

Thanks for your support!=-)

See you on FB

Love Always

April said...

Hey,
I just wanted to let you know that I am a raw vegan and have been accepted into the volunteer program at kripalu and will be there may 4th - September 8th. So, I look forward to meeting you!

michael menard said...

Hi April, I look forward to meeting you, as well. There are some great people in the volunteer community. I think you'll have a great time.