Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Trying to get started again.
My right achilles tendon is just not cooperating with me. It seems that each week my training, figuratively, goes two feet forward, one foot back.
I've tried taking it easy, and I've tried ignoring it, but nothing seems to work.
It's also easy to get down on myself when I'm not doing my best. I seem to have this switch in my brain that wants to quit when I can't do something the way, I feel, it should be done. But, I'm not about to quit! No way!!
There are lessons here to be learned, and I'm going to keep hitting the wall until I've learned what I'm supposed to learn.
One of these lessons is, I must take proper care of myself. That means stretching and icing after runs. I almost never do that. Stupid, I know, but I got into some bad habits.
So, I'll start with that.
I haven't given up on the marathon at the end of May, yet. But, I've got a long, long way to go!

No comments: